Adaptive yoga that’s radically inclusive, body positive, trauma sensitive and TRULY, for EVERY BODY.
TheraPLAYoga is therapeutic, playful yoga for kids, teens, and adults- individuals and families. TheraPLAYoga is an inclusive, compassionate, diverse, body positive, and accessible tool for wellness for people who think they “can’t” do yoga (and anyone wanting to Namaste and play).
Mobile Yoga Studio in Lansing, MI
As a mobile yoga studio and private teacher, I can provide yoga for everybody, anywhere- home, school, work, community center, or park. I can custom build workshops, 4-6+ week courses, one-time classes or events, parties, and video series to fit your unique needs.
- Pop-up yoga
- 1:1 and semi-private yoga
- Family Yoga
- Enrichment Programs
- Workplace Wellness
- Yoga Parties (for all ages + occasions)
I’m eager to collaborate with community minded folx for pop-up yoga events.
Yoga styles range from Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative, a sprinkle of Kundalini, to chair yoga- and are ALWAYS adaptive and trauma sensitive. Group classes are inclusive and diversely integrated. Meaning each student may be prepared in the physical pose separately, in honor of their body. But we all practice together.
Group and private practice can include aromatherapy, therapeutics, somatics, breathing, meditation, relaxation, anatomy, yoga philosophy, chakras, mudras, and poses- with a focus on the functionality of the form that feel best in your body.
Benefits of TheraPLAYoga
TheraPLAYoga promotes sensory integrated fun while encouraging functional life skills for all ages and abilities. Benefits of TheraPLAYoga include-
- body + mind awareness
- coping strategies for pain, anxiety + stress
- balance + coordination (motor skills)
- improved concentration + focus + problem solving
- sensory regulation
- speech + language development
- social skills + social justice
- agency + autonomy
- self acceptance
- posture improvement
- spinal health + mobility
- shoulder + hip + pelvis + sacrum health
- strength + stability + flexibility
- social-emotional development
- promotes growth mindset
- cardio + circulatory health
- increased immune function
- decreased inflammation
- improved respiration
- energy boost
- improved athletic performance
- sleep support
- promotes physical literacy
- conflict resolution
- fosters compassion + connection + collaboration
Hello! I’m Gloria.
I snap my neck to any variation of mom, but you can call me Glo. (That’s my genetic half, inspiration, and yoga model/assistant, Liam).
I’m a solo-parent/O.G. homeschool mom turned mindfulness, meditation, and adaptive yoga teacher. I’m also a mindful parenting coach and certified Positive Discipline educator. (read bio)
TheraPLAYoga was created from personal experience. What began long before any certifications- and continues, as daily deliberate practice for me and my son, is now my heart’s work I share with you!
Fun Fact! I’m the only registered kids yoga teacher (RCYT) within 40 miles of Lansing! Also, I’m an uncensored writer and storyteller. I share thoughts and experiences on my complex needs parenting and lifestyle blog, uniquely named Liam And Glo. (Clever, right?)
Methods + Techniques
Methods and techniques go beyond stretch-based bendy poses seen in many kids and adult yoga classes (and social media). TheraPLAYoga is an eclectic blend of sensory-motor integration, yoga philosophy, neuroscience, playfulness, and my authentic experiences. In addition, knowledge of contraindications, functional anatomy, biomechanics, and the use of intention-based pose variations and props to ensure an accessible, safe, holistic approach to awareness, regulation, and resilience. For example-
- sensory integration + nervous system balancing
- somatics + building interoception
- engaging visual + tactile prompts
- breath + energy harmonizing (pranayama)
- co-regulation + modeling
- meditation + mindfulness
- pose variations + props
- contraindication awareness
- intention focused + goal-oriented
- trauma-sensitive approach
- functional movement
- music + sound therapy
- expressive arts therapy
- positive behavior strategies
- life affirming mantras + mudras
With education and experiential wisdom-
I help overwhelmed caregivers and people who experience physical and developmental disabilities, neurodiversity, health conditions, and trauma- safely and effectively create connection, manage stress, and relieve chronic pain.
I have a few ways for you to get involved!
- Private sessions, yoga enrichment, yoga parties, and pop-up yoga
- Blog and social media content exploring wellness, science, and all things adaptive yoga
- Share this website with a friend
- Follow @TheraPLAYoga on Facebook or Instagram