-mobile yoga studio in Lansing, MI offering radically inclusive, therapeutic, playful, adaptive yoga.
TheraPLAYoga is a sensory wellness practice that focuses on achieving mindfulness, emotional and behavioral regulation, connection, and interoceptive awareness for individuals and families with complex needs, diverse abilities, and backgrounds. In addition to anyone (especially beginners) just wanting to Namaste and play.
Yoga styles range from Hatha, dynamic vinyasa, to restorative yoga- and are ALWAYS adaptive and inclusive. Group or private practice includes therapeutics, somatics, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, anatomy, yoga philosophy, and asana- with a focus on function over idealized form.
Yoga for Complex Needs, Diverse Abilities + Backgrounds
TheraPLAYoga is specialized in the accessibility and inclusion of diverse children and adults. However, for a goal-oriented therapeutic approach, individuals with complex diverse needs will benefit most from private sessions. For instance-
- sensory processing disorder
- autism/ASD, ADHD, neurodiversity
- behavioral challenges
- motor delays/challenges
- cognitive/learning disabilities
- speech-language challenges
- Cerebral Palsy + movement disorders
- chromosome anomalies
- global developmental delay
- limited mobility
- wheelchair user
- anxiety, depression, stress
- difficulty expressing emotions
- trauma, PTSD, CPTSD
- autoimmune + chronic illness
- spinal (neck/back) injury + pain
- shoulder, hip, pelvis, sacrum injury + pain
- diverse body shapes + sizes
Check out these private yoga programs and ideas for a custom program for you!
Mobile Yoga Studio – Lansing, MI
TheraPLAYoga was developed with education, training, personal experience, and loads of passion. As a mobile yoga studio with virtual access, it’s more accessible than a brick and mortar studio. Classes and workshops are held in various locations in the Greater Lansing area and across Mid-Michigan, including privately in your home and via Zoom. In short, adaptive pop-up yoga in YOUR house or hood!
I have lots of ways for you to get involved!
- Classes, workshops, and local Pop-ups
- Virtual Yoga with on-demand videos and LIVE classes
- Private classes for individuals, groups, enrichment, parties, and families
- Workshops, courses, and programs for parents/carers and youth/dependents
- Blog and social media content exploring wellness, science, and all things adaptive yoga
Hello! I’m Gloria.
I snap my neck to any variation of mom, but you can call me Glo. (That’s my genetic half and yoga model/assistant, Liam).
I’m a solo-parent/O.G. homeschool mom turned adaptive yoga, mindfulness, and meditation teacher. I’m also a mindful parent mentor and certified Positive Discipline educator.
As a private therapeutic yoga teacher to individuals and families with complex needs, diverse abilities, and backgrounds; I help kids and adults prioritize connection, health, and sensory wellness through therapeutic playful yoga.
Also, I’m an uncensored writer and storyteller. I share real life on my special needs parenting and lifestyle blog, uniquely named Liam And Glo. (Clever, right?)
Methods + Techniques
Methods and techniques go beyond stretch-based bendy poses seen in many kids and adult yoga classes (and social media). TheraPLAYoga is an eclectic blend of sensory-motor integration, yoga, neuroscience, psychology principles, and playfulness. In addition, knowledge of contraindications, functional anatomy, biomechanics, and the use of intention-based modifications and props to ensure an accessible, safe, holistic approach to awareness and sensory wellness. For example-
- sensory integration + nervous system balancing
- somatics + building interoception
- engaging visual + tactile prompts
- breath + energy harmonizing (pranayama)
- co-regulation + modeling
- meditation + mindfulness
- pose variations + props
- contraindication awareness
- intention focused + goal-oriented
- trauma-sensitive approach
- functional movement
- music + sound therapy
- expressive arts therapy
- positive behavior strategies
- mantras + mudras
Benefits of TheraPLAYoga- Sensory Yoga
TheraPLAYoga promotes sensory integrated fun while encouraging functional life skills.
TheraPLAYoga will produce benefits from participation in group enrichment, online, on-demand, and pop-up yoga classes. However, results will vary based on the student’s complexities, goals, and practice experience. In short, therapeutic private sessions will promote the greatest benefits and functional life skills. Benefits of TheraPLAYoga for all ages and abilities include-
- body + mind awareness
- emotional coping strategies (anxiety, stress, anger, etc)
- balance + coordination (motor skills)
- focus + attention
- sensory regulation
- speech + language development
- social skills (boundaries + respect)
- posture improvement
- spinal health
- shoulder + hip + pelvis + sacrum health
- strength + flexibility
- self-efficacy + self-acceptance
- social-emotional development
- promotes growth mindset
- cardio + circulatory health
- increased immune function
- decreased inflammation
- improved respiration
- energy boost
- improved athletic performance
- sleep support
- promotes physical literacy
- fosters connection + collaboration
With experiential wisdom and training; I teach kids, teens, and adults how to cultivate self-awareness, self-compassion, and regulation that’s playful, effective, and within their limits (‘cuz we all have them). While teaching parents and educators mindful positive practices to create safe, peaceful, and collaborative environments.
Follow the button below to read my bio and training.
Be Well + Stay Wild,