Financial accessibility is a component to inclusion and an essential catalyst for self and social empowerment.
That’s why part of my mission is to activate SELF and SOCIAL AWARENESS and community care to achieve accessible wellness for all people and families in the Greater Lansing area.
I do this with an equity and integrity led tuition scholarship that calls for collaborative community care and ACTION from compassionate community supporters.
My intention is to SUSTAIN my business, while AMPLIFYING access for those who experience financial insecurity.
My equity and integrity led tuition gives you the agency to consider your social location-proximity to privilege, access to power, and your capacity for payment with honesty and integrity.
✨ THIS is a practice of self awareness, social awareness, and community engagement (i.e. yoga).
Sustainable & Accessible Tuition Rates
I use the Living Wage Calculator for Ingham County as a guide for accessible pricing.
My base rates are the prices you see listed on program and payment pages.
Base prices are my SUSTAINER Rate; that sustains my family and my business.
My Sustainer rate is for you if:
- You are currently making at or around the living wage for Ingham County.
- You spend little to no time worrying about affording the necessities (i.e. housing, healthcare, transportation, food, and child care).
- You have expendable income. You can- often- afford coffee shops, take-out, movies, clothes, recreational or leisure programs or memberships, multiple streaming entertainment services, etc.
My discounted, COMMUNITY Rate is for people and families experiencing financial insecurity.
The community rate is for you if:
- You are currently making under the living wage.
- You struggle to afford the necessities (i.e. food, housing, health care, transportation, and child care).
- You do NOT have expendable income; You cannot afford coffee shops, take-out, movies, clothes, recreational or leisure programs or memberships, multiple streaming services, etc.
Community Care Tuition Scholarship
Before you apply for a scholarship, take a moment to consider the INTENTION of my scholarship program and equity pricing model.
If you don’t identify with the community rate descriptions, I ask you to register at my Sustainer Rate.
With that said, the community rate has limited capacity- and therefore, requires an application process.
Click the button below to fill out the scholarship application and schedule a virtual consultation; So we can chat about your goals and discuss how we can work together.
Financial insecurity is not only a barrier to resources; it can cause or exacerbate trauma and chronic health conditions.
Financial accessibility to TheraPLAYoga classes, sessions, and programs can:
- emphasize community care as social justice
- promote lifelong learning and personal development
- contribute to physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- facilitate positive experiences and parental connection
- provide a proactive and informed approach to self-care and wellness
- empower personal choices; fostering a sense of control and autonomy over one’s life
Community Care Fund
Offering these services does come at a cost and I need to sustain my business and my family.
I work to accomplish this by partnering with ethical non-profit organizations that pay me through grants and generosity from the community to build my Community Care Fund.
Your generosity and support ensures community rates are accessible AND sustainable.
Any amount is accepted and 100% of this fund goes directly to providing TheraPLAYoga services at a reduced cost for community members struggling with financial insecurity.
You can contribute to this community care fund in a few ways.
✨ Contributions are also accepted during program registration.
When you register for a program, you may be asked if you’d like to include a Community Care Contribution
✨ Contributions can be made at any time via PayPal.
Please notate it’s for “TheraPLAYoga Community Care Fund.” Contributions can also include a desired purpose (ie. for a child, adult, single class, private session, and so on).
👀 DISCLAIMER: TheraPLAYoga is a FOR-profit business; so your contribution is not tax deductible.
Thank you for supporting this social mission of my small business!
If you represent an ethical organization, pop over to learn about *collab opportunities*…
OR… If you wanna play match-maker between TheraPLAYoga and an ethical organization 🏼, send me an email.